July 9, 2009

DRESSER

This thing took a looooong time......there is a story behind this piece.....

......For Christmas this past year my parents got Ben & me a dresser. Okay. Wait. Let me back up some more....
So, I fell in love with this dresser at Pandora's Box (antique store in Frankston) and HAVE to have it....I didn't just want that thing I NEEDED IT. So, I went home and told Ben about this amazing piece of furniture that I had fallen in love with. He told me no after he went and had a looksie at the price tag (I had forgotten to look at that minor detail) and called me laughing and told me I was insane and not only no....but HECK NO!!!

I do not give up easily....

.....You see, The Christmas prior to this....I had forfeited my Christmas from my parents for plane tickets & Hotel stay to Las Vegas. Ben's Birthday is January 28th, So, for his Birthday/Christmas present I got him Tickets to the last UFC fight of the year....in Las Vegas....which I planned to give him on Christmas Day (3 days before we left for Vegas)....anyway....My mom and Dad offered to pay for plane & hotel....under the condition that This was to be considered our Christmas Present from them. I agreed. On Christmas morning Ben opened his tickets and almost peed in his pants. He was so excited. I loved it....

.....back to the dresser. We really did need a new dresser. Honestly. So I kind of...um....gave my mom the tiniest hint about this perfect piece of furniture I had found....

Long story short....Mom talked the price down and we got a new dresser for Christmas.

Ben was not near as thrilled as I was....But, he likes the dresser. I think he is just glad it's not PINK!! :)

{the idea of the dresser below came from "my dresser" and I am very proud of how it turned out. Mine doesn't have leopard on it and mine is about 3 times this size, but, they are very similar}

::::thanks a TON jess for all of those late nights you spent on the porch, helping me with this....i love you BUNCHES!!::::
-j



No comments: